When making a nice quick pasta for myself, salmon is a great ingredient as you need to add little or no oil, because the nature oils provide almost everything you need and this gives a great flavour to the onions, mushrooms and garlic.
1 Fillet of salmon
1 Dsp Soy sauce
1 Tsp Olive oil
1 White onion
1 Clove of garlic
80g Wholemeal penne
50g Extra light cream cheese
1 Tbsp Soya dream cream
2 Tsp Basil
2 Tsp Parsley
Salt & pepper
1) Take a fillet of salmon and marinate in soy sauce for 10-20 minutes (or longer if you can).
2) Put two rings on high heat, one put the pasta (bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer), on the other put a non-stick frying pan. When hot put the salmon fillet into the frying pan and cook on both sides until brown.
3) Add 1 tsp of olive oil to the side of the salmon and fry the onions until softened, add garlic and mushrooms.
4) With the back of a wooden spoon flake the salmon into the mixture and stir.
5) Add the cream cheese and a bit of water, combine.
6) Drain the pasta and stir into the salmon mixture with a little of the pasta water.
7) Stir in the Tbsp of soya cream, add the herbs and serve.