(recipe to follow!) so I offered to make pudding as I’d seen an amazing pudding on Nigella Lawson‘s new TV show Nigellissima. It was her Meringue Gelato cake with Chocolate! It was absolutely delicious, super simple and looks rather special (which somehow seems to imply that it was difficult to make, which couldn’t be further from the truth!
I like this pudding so much, I have decided this will be the pudding I take to my Grandmother’s on Boxing Day!
FOR GELATO CAKE
300ml Double cream
30-50g Dark chocolate, shards
8 pack of shop bought Meringues
1 Tbsp Rum (I used Malibu)
1) Take a loaf tin and line with cling film.
2) Whisk cream until thickened but still soft (i.e. Before it reaches peaks)
3) Grate or shred chocolate with a knife and add to cream with the rum. Fold gently.
4) Crush the meringues as small or large as you please, add to the mix and fold in.
5) Using a spatula gloop the cream mixture into the loaf tin, put in the freezer and leave over night to set.
FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE
250ml Double cream
125g Dark chocolate
1 Tbsp Rum (I used Malibu to sweeten slightly)
1) Have a Tupperware cup or jug at the ready!
2) Put the cream in a small sauce pan and break the chocolate into small pieces into the cream.
3) Heat very gently whilst stirring (to prevent the chocolate splitting), until combined.
4) When ready pour into Tupperware or jug and keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
1) Turn the ice cream out of the loaf tin onto a serving plate and slice as you like.
2) Drizzle the chocolate sauce and scatter raspberries over the ice cream.