I have really enjoyed the Comic Relief Bake Off this week and tonight I watched the last episode on which Claudia Winkleman was absolutely hilarious! My favourite recipe was this one for ‘It’s the inside that counts’ chocolate cookies and this is a recipe I will definitely be trying these out:
These chocolate cookies are not for the aesthetically-minded but they’re easy and fun to make with kids.
- Preheat the oven to 170C/345F/Gas 3½. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- Place the butter and chopped dark chocolate in a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water). When melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whisk with a handheld electric mixer and until creamy.
- Beat in the melted chocolate and butter mixture, then beat in the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture into little balls and place on the lined baking tray at least 5cm/2in apart. Bake each tray for 10-15 minutes until the cookies are still soft in the centre but set around the edge.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.