This was another fantastic recipe from the last episode of the Comic Relief Bake off – Martha Kearney’s Chocolate dipped chocolate shortbread! Basically posh ‘fork’ biscuits – which most of us made as children! Super yum!! 😀
Chocolate dipped chocolate shortbread
- For coating
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- With a handheld electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa and salt. Stir into the butter mixture, then stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place on the lined baking tray at least 2.5cm/1in apart. Flatten slightly with the back of spoon.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a minute on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the three types of chocolate separately in a microwave (at least a minute). Alternatively, melt the chopped chocolate in a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water (do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water).
- Dip the cooled biscuits halfway into one type of chocolate, then allow the excess to run off before placing on a sheet of baking parchment to set.