My favourite side dish of recent times is one my boyfriend has adapted from Rick Stein’s India Cookbook which I got for Christmas last year from my auntie. It is delicious and extremely simple.
1 Butternut squash (seeds removed), peeled and diced
1 Tsbp Sunflower or vegetable oil
Season with salt and pepper to taste
A sprinkling of ground cumin
1) Pre heat the over to 180 degrees
2) Put the cubed butternut squash into the oven dish
3) Pour over the oil and season to taste with salt, pepper and cumin; shake to ensure even coating
4) Bake in the oven on the top shelf until crispy
5) Enjoy this delicious side with curry, chicken, rice or anything else !