Being Jamie fans and wanting to get healthy this new year, there was only one choice for Christmas; I naturally bought my boyfriend Jamie Oliver’s Super Food cookbook! We have enjoyed trying some of his new interesting recipes. My favourite and most useful so far, is his chia seed and almond milk yoghurts because they are simple and quick to make and great for a breakfast on-the-go!
I halve the recipe and only make five in one go, as that then sets me up for the week – I don’t eat more than one a day.
300ml Almond milk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
150g Frozen fruit or berries (I used blueberries)
60g Chia seeds
- Ready five small yoghurt sized pots or ramekins
- Put one and a bit bananas into a blender with the vanilla extract and 150ml almond milk and blitz
- Measure 30g chia seeds in a jug and pour the banana mixture on top. Stir thoroughly and divide between the five pots and place in the fridge to chill
- Put the rest of the banana, frozen fruit or berries and 150ml almond milk into the blender and blitz
- Place the remaining chia seeds into the same jug and pour the frozen berry mixture into the jug. Mix thoroughly
- Take the pots out of the fridge and using the back of a dessert spoon to create a layer of the frozen berry mixture on top of the banana and vanilla mixture. Divide equally between five pots
- Chill overnight
- Add fresh fruit, nuts or seeds to the top of the pot before you eat
- Enjoy one for breakfast or a healthy snack
These come in around 150-170 calories per pot, depending on the frozen fruit used and the toppings. The chia seed are surprisingly filling and I love them.