I have been trying to replace the huge amount of carbs I usually consume with some lovely protein and healthy fats, so my new favourite Sunday brunch has become avocado on wholewheat, rye or sour dough toast. This weekend I served it with 2 rashers of bacon and a poached egg.
1 Slice wholewheat bread
2 Rashers of bacon, fat removed
- Cut the fat from the bacon and pop under the grill
- Remove the flesh of the avocado from the skin, put into a small bowl with a splash of lime juice and grind in some black pepper. Take a potato masher or fork and mash thoroughly
- Boil the kettle and crack an egg into a small bowl or cup
- Put the water into a medium sized saucepan and heat until the water begins to simmer. Stir the water with a spoon and add the egg
- Put the toaster on
- Turn off the grill and leave the bacon to keep warm
- Take the toast and pop on a plate, spread the avocado generously
- Put the bacon on top
- Add the egg
- Enjoy with a nice cuppa !